An Outdoor Activity Centre, based in Beeley, in the heart of the Peak District National Park and the beautiful Derbyshire countryside, providing group accommodation and outdoor adventure activities for young people of all abilities.
Our aim as an education trust is to ensure that all young people, regardless of ability special need or disadvantage, are given the opportunity to experience quality outdoor education in a safe environment. Not only improving their physical fitness but also their confidence and self esteem, to enable them to meet the challenges of everyday life today and in the future.
Our main focus is children with special needs including Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Downs Syndrome, children with hearing or sight impairment and those with physical disabilities including wheelchair users.
We also run courses for primary and secondary school children and those from disadvantaged backgrounds or poor inner city areas. Dukes Barn provides a safe and adventurous environment in which people of all ages and abilities can experience:
- Exciting outdoor adventure activities
- Meeting personal challenges
- Developing an awareness of the needs of others
- Gaining a wider appreciation of the natural environment
Dukes Barn's qualified experienced staff offer:
- Fully catered residential courses throughout the year
- Day courses for groups visiting the area
- Courses planned with you to meet your needs
- Specialist equipment for all activities
- Challenging adventures for disadvantaged and disabled people